Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life Changes

Tomorrow is September 1st 2011

I don't know how it came so fast, but it has. It's here.

From September 2009 until June 2010 I was going to the gym more days than I wasn't. I was eating right, I was barely ever smoking, and I was doing things the way that I wanted. I hated the gym don't get me wrong, but I loved the 45 pounds I was able to drop from the changes I had made. It was just a quick 45 mins to an hour 4 or 5 nights a week and it was paying off.. Then in March of 2010 I got a job that required a lot of heavy lifting and a lot of cardio so by June I had stopped going to the gym to save money, and changed my job into my new work out routine.

October 2010 I quit that job to up and move across the country for a desk job, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I'm cursed with emotional eating and because I was so far from home and things were so difficult in the beginning, that's what I began to do. I haven't gained all of that weight back, but I've certainly gained since getting here. I swore to myself that I would never again see 180 or higher on a scale again. I haven't gotten that high again, but I'm getting higher than I want to be.

So why am I rambling on endlessly about this?? Well, back in July I put a big fat red circle around September 1st 2011 on my calendar in my room. I promised my self that day was going to be the end of excuses, and complaints. It was going to be the beginning of getting my shit together and finding a better balance in my life.

Tomorrow, I start Crossfit. Tomorrow, I quit drinking. Tomorrow, I cut back my smoking even further. Tomorrow I change my diet.

Tomorrow I change my life and I will fucking keep it that way.

No comments: